Roving Building Engineer
Reports to: Chief Engineer
The Roving Building Engineer performs general preventive maintenance and corrective repair of the asset including the physical structure, mechanical and electrical systems and exterior grounds. Working under the supervision of the Chief Building Engineer, this individual assists in monitoring building system operations and performance and utilizes trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing and mechanical.
This position will see to the day-to-day operations of a multi-building portfolio comprised of office, flex and industrial assets in Frederick and Baltimore. Outstanding client service is emphasized in this role and excellent judgement and customer service must always be utilized.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Demonstrate outstanding client relationships at all times. Develop and maintain positive relationships with internal/external clients and vendors.
- Perform assigned day-to-day repairs, emergency and preventive maintenance. Complete maintenance and repair records as required.
- Maintain the building lighting system, including element and ballast repairs or replacements.
- Maintain the professional appearances of the property, equipment, engineering spaces, and common areas.
- Respond quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
- With direction from the Chief Engineer maintain, monitor and adjust all mechanical and base building equipment.
- Practice safe work habits; comply with Maryland and County regulations and applicable codes and Company directives as related to building operations.
- Act as full member of the Building Team, fostering relationships with vendors, janitorial staff and property managers.
- Document and report activities within the buildings; providing detailed communications to supervisor as needed.
Utilize computer and phone for email communication as well as work order and preventive maintenance logging.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Background in trades (mechanical, plumbing, electrical and/or carpentry)
- Sound judgement with the ability to understand and carry out general instructions and solve problems in standard situations.
- English language skills, written and verbal. Spanish language skills a plus.
- Basic computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Outlook.
- A timely responsiveness to all stakeholders; tenants, clients, vendors, peers and leadership. This includes calls, emails, in person meetings.
- Ability to work beyond standard business hours as needed. 24-hour availability is required.
- Physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs / ladders and ability to lift / carry heavy loads of 50 lbs. or more.
- Successful completion of background check and drug test.
Ruppert Properties is an equal opportunity employer and offers a collaborative and exciting work environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits, which include company vehicle, medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as a 401(k) plan.
If you’re interested in this position and working for Ruppert Properties, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please. EOE