JOB TITLE: Accounting Associate
EMPLOYER: Ruppert Properties
DEPARTMENT: Finance & Accounting
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance & Accounting
EFFECTIVE DATE: 12/10/2021
SUMMARY: Performing accounts receivable and payable functions, tenant billing/collections, and other accounting and office duties as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deposit checks and record cash receipts
- Follow up with tenants on outstanding balances
- Generate condo invoices and bill unit holders
- Scan payable invoices and upload to Yardi
- Code & enter invoices into Yardi, manage workflow
- Process check runs and upload to positive pay
- Manage payments for all utility accounts
- Generate and circulate operating purchase orders for approval
- File check stubs, invoice backup, and deposit copies
- Prepare and file vendor 1099’s
- Record charges in Yardi for all non-rent tenant billings
- Assists with related special projects as needed.
- Ensures that adequate internal controls are adhered to in all payable processes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university, or one year of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer skills proficient on: Microsoft Excel; Microsoft Word; Microsoft Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
Send all resumes to Brennan McMeeken – Director of Finance BMcMeeken@ruppertproperties.com